6 days/ 5 nights
Enjoy activity holidays in Lapland, mixing nature, culture and civilization!
Swedes love to go on weekends to spend time in the middle of nature. Many of them have a cottage in the forest and go there regularly to fish, wander and enjoy their free time. With this stay, you will have the opportunity to taste this way of life “slow” and connected to Nature, while discovering the local culture.
Small number of participants, for a personalized service
After spending one night in the city of Lulea, your guide will take you to the Lapland Retreat camp, which will be your base for the rest of the stay. With its 4 chalets, 2 saunas, 2 dry toilets and its common house, the lodge ensures an exclusive stay in Lapland, with only up to 8 people at a time. Your host’s priority is to make you feel at home.
Holidays in harmony with the environment
Lapland Retreat strives to be as eco-friendly as possible. No running water or electricity, but cozy wood-heated chalets, daily saunas and only organic and / or homemade toiletries.
Program of your activity holidays in Lapland
Day 1 – Arrival at Luleå airport. Your guide is waiting for you in the airport hall. You will go together to get your equipment cold, then your guide will transfer you to the lodge.
– Presentation and settling in your chalet
-Every afternoon, a sauna heated by a wood fire stove, is at your disposal. You can relax and get warm or just take a shower.
– Welcome dinner with tasting of a hot Glögg around the fire
If the weather conditions are good, a snowshoe tour “Northern Lights Hunting” can be organized, several times a week if necessary.
Day 2 – This day is dedicated to snowshoes. Nothing like a good walk in the snowy landscapes, to discover the magic of Lapland. The lunch break will be in the tepee, located by the lake.
Day 3 – Departure for Jokkmokk, Same Capital of Swedish Lapland (small town of about 2000 inhabitants)
– Visit of the Sami museum – Buffet lunch at the museum included between 11:00 and 13:30
– Immersion in Sami land:
- 3,5h with traditional lunch included, guide sámi, meeting with the reindeer and traditional songs. Price: 1495sek pp
- 2,5h with fika, guide sàmi, meeting with the reindeer. Price: 990sek pp
Day 4 – Impossible to go to Lapland without trying ice fishing. Your talent as a fisherman will perhaps bring you back dinner!
Tasting evening and animation “taste buds natural”. Products of the forest and its surroundings (berries, bark, moss, plants, …)
Day 5 – Departure toLuleå at the Elite Stad Hotel to drop off luggage and give back the overalls
– Option: Dog sled ride (approx 2.5h with 1.5 hours on the sled). 3 possibilities are available to you:
– Passenger option. You ride in a sleigh without driving it. Departure 10h and 14h. Price: 1450SEKpp
– Driver option. A two on a sled, you drive it each your turn. Departure 10h and 14h. Price 1850SEK pp
– Night tour option Hunting in the northern lights. A two on the sled, you drive it each your turn. Departure 19h. Price 2050SEK pp.
The price includes the return transfer from the hotel, as well as the overalls
Lunch and dinner not included. The hotel has a restaurant and is located right in the city center, close to multiple restaurants.
The hotel is also close to the ice-trail. This walk on the frozen estuary is spectacular. You can walk, ski, ice skate or kick-sled.
Possibility to rent ice skates (250sek) or skis (200sek), as well as kick-sled (only 2 – 200sek, but kick-sled self-service at the start of the ride – non-guaranteed availability) in a shop near by the hotel.
Overnight stay at Elite Stad
Day 6 – PDJ at the hotel
– Departure to the airport
2 possibilities of transfer to the airport: – by taxi: Price 3 pers max – 245sek per car. Price 5 pers max – 400sek per car
– by bus: Walk to the Vänorsvägen bus stop (about 800m). Take line 4 towards Luleå airport (approx. 30 min). Price: 35sek per pers
Price per person: SEK 11 525
To ensure the smooth running of the stay, we do not take children under 12 years old.
This multi-activity stay in Lapland includes:
- Accommodation in double occupancy (one double bed and one sofa bed in each cottage).
- The saunas from day 1 to day 5 – lit from 15h
- Full board, from dinner day 1 to breakfast day 6 (without lunch and dinner day 5)
- One set of sheets and two towels per person
- The toiletries at the camp (mandatory on the site because they are organic and harmless for the environment)
- Activities included in the program
- The transfers
- Snowshoes, available at any time for camp residents
- The overalls with boots, hat and gloves
- Alcoholic drinks and sodas
- The options mentionned in the programm
To know the availability dates, or to have more information, click hereLike & Share