6 days/ 5 nights
From the 22nd of december until the 27th
Enjoy a family christmas in Lapland. Between city and Nature, you will experience the swedish way of celebrating Christmas. Good times for good memories.
The Swedes share their time between the city, where they live and work, and Nature. They usually end up on weekends in their holiday homes to enjoy lakes, forests, rivers and mountains. Nature is their favorite playground! Your stay in Lapland will give you the opportunity, like the Swedes, to enjoy the best of the city and nature!
Familial holidays in an small eco-lodge
After spending one night in the city of Lulea, your guide will take you to the Lapland Retreat camp, which will be your base for the rest of the stay. With its 4 chalets, 2 saunas, 2 dry toilets and its common house, the lodge ensures an exclusive stay in Lapland, with only up to 8 people at a time. Your host’s priority is to make you feel at home. A special place for a special family Christmas!
Holidays in harmony with the environment
Lapland Retreat strives to be as eco-friendly as possible. No running water or electricity, but cozy wood-heated chalets, daily saunas and only organic and / or homemade toiletries.
Program of your Christmas in Lapland
Day 1 – Arrival at Luleå airport.
2 possibilities of transfers to your hotel:
- by taxi: Price 3 pers max – 245sek per car / Price 5 pers max – 400sek by car
- by bus: Take line 4 direction Vänorsvägen (approx. 30 min) Then walk to the hotel (about 800m). Price: 35sek per pers by bus: Take line 4 direction Vänorsvägen (approx. 30 min) Then walk to the hotel (about 800m). Price: 35sek per pers
Installation in your hotel, located in the center of Luleå, Elite Stadhotellet. From here you can enjoy the city by feet. You can find several restaurants in town, or dine at the hotel.
Day 2 – After enjoying breakfast at the hotel, you join your guide in the lobby. The morning will be devoted to a walk on the frozen sea. If you wish, you can rent ice skates or cross-country skis, to fully enjoy the joys of this frozen trail.
After lunch in Luleå, the guide will take you to Gammelstad for a quick visit. Then, we head off to the camp, where you can settle comfortably for the rest of your stay.
Day 3 – It is Christmas eve. Let’s prepare it. Decoration of the “Christmas house” made of biscuits Pepparkakkor, bark-bread baking, ornamentation of the christmas tree,… a perfect shared family time.
After a quick lunch, you can try out the snowshoes or maybe built a snowman… or why not enjoy a warm sauna after a good snow battle?
Then the party begins around a good bonfire outside, drinking the famous swedish glögg. Inside, a good dinner is waiting for you, in the pure swedish tradition.
Day 4 – Wake-up slowly and enjoy a brunch between 10h and 12h. Then, the afternoon will be dedicated to a very popular activity in the north, ice-fishing. Hot beverage will be served around a fire to keep you warm will waiting for the fishes 🙂
Day 5 – Christmas in Lapland can not be done without a snowshoes tour! Perfect to enjoy the white landscapes and arctic silence! On the way, it is not uncommon to see roosters, hares and grouse. If luck smiles on you, maybe you will even see elk and reindeer! A hot lunch will be served in the tepee
Then, to conclude this multi-activity stay in Lapland, the day will end with a special evening tasting of forest products.
Day 6 – Departure for the airport
Price per person: SEK 11 925
To ensure the smooth running of the stay, we do not take children under 12 years old.
This multi-activity stay in Lapland includes:
- Accommodation in double occupancy (one double bed and one sofa bed in each cottage).
- The saunas from day 2 to day 6 – lit from 15h
- Full board, from breakfast day 2 to breakfast day 6
- One set of sheets and two towels per person
- The toiletries at the camp (mandatory on the site because they are organic and harmless for the environment)
- Activities included in the program
- The transfers
- Snowshoes, available at any time for camp residents
- The overalls with boots, hat and gloves
- Alcoholic drinks and sodas
- The options mentionned in the programm
To know the availability dates, or to have more information, click hereLike & Share