6 days/ 5 nights
From the 03rd until the 08th of February
For over 400 years, the Sami have been meeting each year in Jokkmokk to celebrate their culture and sell their wares. A must-attend event for a magical dip in the culture of this Nordic people, the winter market in Jokkmokk is an opportunity to see a race of reindeers, magnificent stalls of clothing and jewels and to taste Nordic gastronomy; the experience is incredible.
The Swedes share their time between the city, where they live and work, and Nature. They usually end up on weekends in their holiday homes to enjoy lakes, forests, rivers and mountains. Nature is their favorite playground! Your stay in Lapland will give you the opportunity, like the Swedes, to enjoy the best of the city and nature!
Small number of participants, for a personalized service
After spending one night in the city of Lulea, your guide will take you to the Lapland Retreat camp, which will be your base for the rest of the stay. With its 4 chalets, 2 saunas, 2 dry toilets and its common house, the lodge ensures an exclusive stay in Lapland, with only up to 8 people at a time. Your host’s priority is to make you feel at home.
Holidays in harmony with the environment
Lapland Retreat strives to be as eco-friendly as possible. No running water or electricity, but cozy wood-heated chalets, daily saunas and only organic and / or homemade toiletries.
Program of your stay “special Winter market in Jokkmokk”
Day 1 – Arrival at Luleå airport.
2 possibilities of transfers to your hotel:
- by taxi: Price 3 pers max – 245sek per car / Price 5 pers max – 400sek by car
- by bus: Take line 4 direction Vänorsvägen (approx. 30 min) Then walk to the hotel (about 800m). Price: 35sek per pers by bus: Take line 4 direction Vänorsvägen (approx. 30 min) Then walk to the hotel (about 800m). Price: 35sek per pers
Installation in your hotel, located in the center of Luleå, Elite Stadhotellet. From here you can enjoy the city by feet. You can find several restaurants in town, or dine at the hotel.
Day 2 – After enjoying breakfast at the hotel, you join your guide in the lobby. The morning will be devoted to a walk on the frozen sea. If you wish, you can rent ice skates or cross-country skis, to fully enjoy the joys of this frozen trail.
After lunch in Luleå, the guide will take you to Gammelstad for a quick visit. Then, we head off to the camp, where you can settle comfortably for the rest of your stay.
Day 3 – Activity holidays in Lapland can not be done without a snowshoe tour! Perfect to enjoy the white landscapes and arctic silence! On the way, it is not uncommon to see roosters, hares and grouse. If luck smiles on you, maybe you will even see elk and reindeer! A hot lunch will be served in the tepee
Day 4 – Winter market of Jokkmokk
The winter market starts at 12h. People get prepared and it is a priviledge time to discover the market, with few tourists only.
Lunch will be at the Sami museum.
Day 5 – This day will be entirely dedicated to the winter market in Jokkmokk. Everybody is ready, reindeer races start and you can visit different exhibition in town. And if you are cold, you can enjoy a warm drink in the meeting tent at the market. Nordic atmosphere is surrounding you!
Then, to conclude this multi-activity stay in Lapland, the day will end with a special evening tasting of forest products.
Day 6 – Departure for the airport
Price per person: SEK 12 025
To ensure the smooth running of the stay, we do not take children under 12 years old.
This special winter market in Jokkmokk includes:
- Accommodation in double occupancy (one double bed and one sofa bed in each cottage).
- The saunas from day 2 to day 6 – lit from 15h
- Full board, from breakfast day 2 to breakfast day 6
- One set of sheets and two towels per person
- The toiletries at the camp (mandatory on the site because they are organic and harmless for the environment)
- Activities included in the program
- The transfers
- Snowshoes, available at any time for camp residents
- The overalls with boots, hat and gloves
- Alcoholic drinks and sodas
- The options mentionned in the programm
To know the availability dates, or to have more information, click hereLike & Share